The Best Way To Consume Manuka Honey
by Froztech Froztech
You may have chosen Manuka honey for a variety of reasons. It may have been because of antibacterial properties, skin benefits, or medical advice, and now you want ideas on how to incorporate it into your everyday habits, right? Well, we are here for you. The guide will cover various ways on how you can consume Manuka honey.
Mix it with a Smoothie
Do you like a cold smoothie in the morning? You are making a healthy choice, but you still want it to be delicious. Many people use Manuka honey as an alternative to sugar. You can always mix Manuka honey in the smoothie for that extra sweetness. Adding honey to your smoothie will not only make it sweeter but healthier.
Or after a workout, you can always make a quick protein shake by adding milk, banana, Manuka honey, and peanut butter protein powder.
Now, here comes the best part for the people who like the traditional hot drink with honey.
- Add Manuka honey to warm water or milk. It makes a great bedtime beverage. If your kids have a habit of drinking milk before bedtime, you can mix it with Manuka honey, to make it healthier and delicious.
- Another way to have Manuka honey mixing it with hot water. People drink hot water in the morning to stay active during the day. It will enhance the flavor and add nutritional benefits of Manuka Honey.
- It is the best way to sweeten your tea. Stir honey in your tea before you take a sip. You should always add the honey after the tea is made and not while boiling the water.
From a spoon
When treating problems such as sore throat, the preferred way is to consume Manuka honey directly from a spoon. For colds and cough do not hesitate to mix your teaspoons of Manuka honey with warm drinks.
Make a Healthy Breakfast
Don’t want to have it with a morning smoothie or drink? You can always make your breakfast with it. Some great breakfasts include pancakes, toast, oatmeal, waffles, etc. If you like peanut butter, you can always add Manuka honey and peanut butter on bread for a quick breakfast.
Here are other breakfast ideas you can try.
- Fried feta with honey.
- Rustic peach with Manuka honey and almond.
- Sashuka with honey
- Açaí bowl with honey
Add it to your Favorite Recipe.
There are many other recipes where you can add Manuka honey, such as
- Honey pork chops
- Noodles (if you like them sweet)
- Honey Glazed tights
- Even fried chicken
How to Eat Manuka Honey
We will now see how to eat Manuka Honey and use it as an alternative or as an addon.
- Manuka honey as a sugar alternative.
- You can mix it up with vinegar and oil to use it as a salad dressing.
- If you are baking, you can add Manuka, honey. You can remove the artificial flavors and sweeteners from it and add the natural taste and sweetness of Manuka honey.
To conclude, these were some of the many ways you can consume Manuka honey. There are many health benefits you will notice when you start consuming Manuka honey, you will be impressed. If you are interested in buying Manuka honey, do not hesitate to buy the best Manuka honey, Oso Manuka.
Bonus: What is Manuka honey?
Manuka honey comes from the bees that pollinated from the flower Leptospermum scoparium. The plant is commonly called Manuka bush. The plant is rare is generally seen in New Zealand and Australia. You can recognize manuka honey by its UMF (unique Manuka factor) and MGO factor, they determine they differentiate high quality Manuka honey from other types of honey. Recent discoveries have shown that Manuka honey has many health benefits such as:
- Antibacterial effects
- Healing properties
- Treating Sore throat
- Anti inflammatory
- Aid the immune system